New at Des Plaines Public Library. Enjoy your checked-out materials longer with Automatic Renewals.
Items checked out at Des Plaines Public Library will automatically be renewed on their due date for up to 3 renewal periods.
The renewal happens automatically and there is NO action you need to take. Just sit back and keep reading - or watching, or listening.
To help you keep track of your automatic renewals and other items, we highly encourage you to sign up for DPPL Account Email Notifications.
This is not required for automatic renewals, but you will get
- an email telling you which of your items have been renewed and their new due dates
- a second email letting you know which of your items have NOT have automatically renewed and are due that day.
Items can not be renewed if:
- The item is on hold for another patron
- The three renewal limit has been reached
- Your account is blocked
- It is an item from the Quick Pick collection on the first floor, which are never renewable.
These email notifications go out around 7 am the day your item is due, so you still have until close of the day to return any unrenewed items and not incur fines.
Or watch our How-To YouTube video below.