Printing is easy from any of our computers or by using our wireless print service (see details below). Use your DPPL Library card as a debit card for color or black/white printing. The same cards may be used for photocopying.
Printing costs are:
- Black/white: 10¢ per page
- Color: 25¢ per page
Wireless Printing via ePrintIt
You can print virtually any document or web page from your computer or mobile device to one of our library printers. Print BW or color, one-sided or two-sided, and specifiy the number of copies you need, and then come to the library to pick up your prints and pay.
There are three ways to send a print job to DPPL:
1. UPLOAD A FILE DIRECTLY
Go to https://tbs.eprintit.com/portal/#/ppl/upload/dppl and follow the directions.
2. SEND VIA EMAIL
Send or forward an email. The email will become a print job, and any attachments will be additional print jobs. You will then be sent a receipt email for the print job (no release code in this email, despite the portal instructions).
- Black and white copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Color copies: email@example.com
3. USE THE MOBILE APP
Get the Public Print Locations App, available on Google Play or the Apple Store. (NOTE: Do not be confused with the ePRINTit Mobile app, that application serves a different function).
Collecting Your Wireless Prints at DPPL
Once you have received a receipt for your wireless print job, you must come to the library to pick up. To do so:
- Go to a printer coin tower located at the 4th floor patron printers, or the 3rd floor copier.
- Enter the library card number or name entered into the webpage when submitting the file for printing.
- OR enter the first half of the email address (everything before the @ symbol) if you sent an email.
- Pay and print. Costs are 10¢ per page for black/white and 25¢ per page for Color.
You may also call the 4th floor service desk at (847) 376-2841 and ask that staff print your job for you, and then go to the desk to pay and pick it up.
SimpleScan is our standalone, dedicated scanner. Conveniently located on both the third and fourth floors, this easy-to-use machine is fairly intuitive. Instructions on the touch-screen monitor guide you through the process. The SimpleScan lets you:
- Scan to USB (flash drive)
- Scan to Email
Scanning in the library is offered free of charge.
You may also send a fax from our SimpleScan on the 3rd or 4th floor. You will only be able to send faxes, not receive them.
Faxing is free; however, please limit your documents to ten pages.