Buying books is a great way to support the library. Our Friends of the Library group sponsors regular used book sale events and an ongoing sale on the first floor - the Book Nook!
Upcoming Book Sales
Fall 2022 Book Sale
Friday September 30, Friends Members Only -- 4:00 - 8:00 pm. Join for just $5.
Saturday October 1, 9:30am - 4pm;
Sunday October 2, 1pm - 4pm.
Spring 2023 Book Sale
Friday, March 31 -- Friends Members Only -- 4:00 - 8:00 pm. Join for just $5.
Saturday, April 1 -- 9:30 - 4:00 pm
Sunday, April 2 -- 1:00 - 4:00 pm
MISS THE SALE? VISIT....
The Book Nook
Find great books available at bargain prices during regular library hours. Just check out the shelves on the first floor. Pay for the books at the Circulation desk on the first floor.
Contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-376-2922 for more information.
Being a Friends volunteer
If you love shopping at the Friends' booksales, why not help out too? The Friends need volunteers to help manage the Book Nook one or two hours per week. These volunteers also set up for book sales on the Wednesdays and Thursday mornings prior to all sales. If you are able to work for two or three hours, please call 847-376-2922 or email email@example.com and leave your name and phone number. You'll need to be a Friends' member to volunteer.
- Modern adult fiction (both hard and soft cover) published after 2000
- Gently used children's fiction, any year.
- Classic Fiction
- Computer/Technology related books published after 2010.
- Complete sets of encyclopedias published after 2010
- Textbooks, business and reference books published after 2007
- Health and medical books published after 2007
- Travel Guides published after 2014
IMPORTANT donation instructions:
- All items must be in good condition. Items that have at any time been wet, show evidence of mold or have broken bindings cannot be accepted.
- Items must be boxed or bagged.
- If you have more than two cartons please call 847 - 376 - 2922 in advance to arrange a drop off time. If no one answers, please leave a message and we will call you back.
We don't need and will not accept:
- Video Tapes
- Cassette Tapes
- National Geographic magazines
- Encyclopedia yearbooks
- Condensed books